PC in Rome
Providence College has partnered with CEA Global Education to offer a unique study abroad opportunity in Rome, Italy. The Center opens the door to semester-length study abroad opportunities for students interested in theology, philosophy, art, business, and more. For a recent cover story on the program in PC Magazine, click here.
Students attend classes at the CEA Center in the historic Prati neighborhood, near the Vatican off of Piazza Cavour. A large portion of class time is spent on-site at significant sites in and near the Eternal City. Sites include the Vatican Museums, St. Peter’s Basilica, and the Catacombs of San Callisto. Classes are taught by Global Campus faculty, including local experts and scholars. Students also have the option of cross-enrolling in an English-taught course in political science, economics, or theology. These classes are held at the prestigious Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli di Roma (LUISS). Here, they will study alongside Italian students and advanced Italian speakers will have the opportunity to take courses in Italian.
- Application Deadline: December 1, 2018 for study in AY2019-2020
- Program Price: Providence College Tuition + $1,000 Study Abroad Fee + CEA Room and Other Fees
- Credits: 16 Semester Credits (Including two mandatory courses: “The New Testament in the Eternal City” and an Italian language course)
- Language of Instruction: With the exception of the Italian language courses, all classes are taught in English
- Housing: Homestays or Apartments with an Italian housemate
- Sample Budget: Know what expenses to expect if you study abroad
*** The College reserves the right to restrict the numbers of students approved to study abroad in any one semester. This is done in order to balance the number of students intending to study abroad across the academic year.